Jessica and I were completely surprised last week when we woke up and found that she had learned to roll over onto her side. Naturally, this became her new favorite sleeping position and she would roll onto her side whenever/wherever we would put her down. She struggled with the concept of having her arm underneath her, so we figured we had some time before she made it all the way over.
We were even more shocked (and a little frightened) two days later when she figured out the last step and rolled completely onto her stomach. We woke up one morning after a peaceful night of 7 hours sleep and found this going on in her room
We were so proud of our daughter for learning how to roll completely from her back to her stomach. We spent the next day watching her explore her new skill; rolling over during tummy time, holding her head up, generally feeling pretty proud of herself.
And then all hell broke loose. That night, and every night since then, bedtime has become an absolute struggle. She doesn't want to sleep on her back, so she rolls over, but then becomes inconsolable because she isn't happy on her stomach and can't figure out how to roll onto her back.
This goes on for about 2 hours trying to get her to sleep, and then continues at various intervals throughout the night. I have been fighting a cold, so I took some Nyquil last night and apparently missed most of the late-night/early morning fireworks. I woke up at 7:30 and went into LC's room only to find this...
It's pretty incredible watching her grow a little more every day...hopefully she'll get this sleeping thing figured out soon :)
We were so proud of our daughter for learning how to roll completely from her back to her stomach. We spent the next day watching her explore her new skill; rolling over during tummy time, holding her head up, generally feeling pretty proud of herself.
And then all hell broke loose. That night, and every night since then, bedtime has become an absolute struggle. She doesn't want to sleep on her back, so she rolls over, but then becomes inconsolable because she isn't happy on her stomach and can't figure out how to roll onto her back.
This goes on for about 2 hours trying to get her to sleep, and then continues at various intervals throughout the night. I have been fighting a cold, so I took some Nyquil last night and apparently missed most of the late-night/early morning fireworks. I woke up at 7:30 and went into LC's room only to find this...
| Apparently it was a very rough night... |
No comments:
Post a Comment