Sunday, November 6, 2011

NYC

Last month (yeah, we're a little behind on updating about this one), we headed to NYC to visit some friends and spend some time in one of our favorite cities. It was LC's first trip away from home and first plane ride, so I was a little nervous about how everything would work out. My nerves resulted in some serious over-packing, I'm sure everyone who saw us in the airport thought we were going to be gone for weeks instead of a few days.
At the airport with our luggage.  This doesn't include the various carry on bags  Trevor and I each had.  
LC was an awesome little flyer.  She slept some, played some, smiled and drooled at the other passengers, and was generally content.  She did get fussy for a brief stretch, but after changing her diaper and getting in some tummy time on the bathroom floor, she calmed down.  And, no, I was not in a good place as I hovered over her in the tiny airplane bathroom as she smiled up at me while laying on two blankets and a plastic changing pad, but I was willing to do whatever would keep her from crying.  She was such a good passenger that she earned a pair of wings from the pilot.  Of course, not the best idea to give a baby who puts everything in her mouth a piece of sharp plastic, but the sentiment was nice.
Playing in Mommy's seat, enjoying the plane. 
We stayed with our awesome friends Lee and Anthony at their place in Brooklyn.  Thankfully, they are the kind of friends who welcomed us, all of our luggage, and our occasionally screaming baby happily in to their home. And they have an adorable dog, Winston, who was an excellent big cousin to LC.  She loved watching him and having him lick her face, which he was happy to do.  
Meeting Winston
Hanging with Anthony & Lee
 I was so happy to that we were able to spend so much time with our friends on this trip.  I finally got to meet Mia, my friend Alison's daughter, and Mia showed LC how Brooklyn babies play.  Jenny and Andy came over, too, and apparently we were having so much fun that I only took a few pictures of the babies, and no group shots.  We headed down to the Brooklyn Smorgasburg, an awesome outdoor food festival.  We ate so much good food, including the most incredible doughnut I have ever tasted.  My mouth is watering just thinking about it, and I am pretty sure I can lure Trevor to NYC again soon by promising him a doughnut from Dough.


Our future Monkey Wrangler & Game Show Host - thank you Jenny & Andy for the awesome shirts.  
We also had a play date in Central Park with the Wagners and Boones.  On our way there, Trevor and I realized that LC had never been to a park before.  It has been too hot in Jacksonville to spend much time outside, so we're planting the love of NYC early and setting the bar high making Central Park her first park.

People watching from her stroller
I loved getting to see Henry, Sam and Logan - they had all grown so much since I last saw them!  Logan was much too busy on the playground for a photo, but I did some cute ones of Henry & Sam.  
Henry concentrating on the grass

Sam showing of his leaf

"Hey, come here, I gotta tell you something..."

Some of my favorite ladies.  And a great picture of Julie just a few days before Baby Chloe arrived!
Worn out after such a fun afternoon. 
After leaving the park, LC did have quite a fit in the car on the way home.  I figured she would have at least one meltdown during our trip, but it was made worse by being trapped in a car, stuck in traffic in Queens with a screaming baby.  I knew it before, but Lee is amazing friend, and she handled the screaming, crying baby and stressed out parents like a pro.  

Trevor and I were also able to celebrate our Anniversary a few days early - Lee & Anthony babysat while we enjoyed an amazing dinner at BLT Prime. We had so much fun, and it was great to be out and about just the two of us.  
Yep, those are three different desserts....
We had a wonderful trip, and can't wait to come back up and see everyone again!

One last picture from the weekend - this one cracks me up because LC looks like she's thinking "Really, these are my parents?!"

No comments:

Post a Comment