Sara - one of my oldest and dearest friends - came to visit a few weeks ago, and it was absolutely wonderful to have her in town. We had so much fun, and it was great to have her help get things in order before baby arrives.
We started off her visit with Amy Lyn's birthday party. I was so happy that Sara got to spend time with my Jacksonville girls, and that everyone got to know each other. The party was at Latitude 30, and so we did some bowling. My bowling skills aren't all that great normally, but pregnant, they were even worse. However, as the other players consumed more drinks, and I stayed sober, I seemed to get better...
 |
| You can kind of tell that my belly is the size of bowling ball in this one. |
 |
| I was using a ball that is approximately the same weight as Baby. |
 |
| I had forgotten that Sara has serious bowling skills. |
|
|
|
|
I am so fortunate to have grown up with an amazing group of friends, and back when we were 15 or so, we cleverly named ourselves the Chill Girls. 15+ years later, these are still some of favorite people, and while we don't get to see each other often enough, its always easy to pick back up where we left off.
While Sara was in town, these lovely ladies hosted a Virtual Baby Shower. Since we all live in different parts of the country, and it can be difficult for us to all be in the same place at the same time, Kari came up with the idea of doing a shower over Skype. While I would have loved to see them in person, the Skype shower was really fun, and it was great for us to be able to chat and even see each other (well, most of the time). We will definitely be setting up some Skype dates in the future!
 |
| Sara and I's virtual shower view. Helen was a trooper and logged on while on vacation in the mountains, but she showed up as "?" One of the best parts about the video chat? Getting to Cheryl's baby bump!! She's having a little girl a few months after Baby is due to arrive - very exciting! |
 |
| Opening gifts in front of the web cam. |
Sara and I spent the rest of her visit relaxing, taking care of last minute baby preparation, going to beach and just hanging out. It was so wonderful to have her visit, and I already can't wait to see her again!
No comments:
Post a Comment