Saturday, October 13, 2012

Party of Four

I guess five if you include Annabelle... 

We will have a new addition in December!  We're expecting a baby boy as an early Christmas present this year.  We are are a little overwhelmed, as evidenced by this very delayed blog announcement, but so excited about our growing family.   The Steuce as we have been calling him, is due on December 22, so we have about 10 weeks before his arrival.  Since I had a C-section with LC, the Dr. recommended that we schedule a C-section for this baby, so we'll be setting that date soon and it will most likely be the week of December 17th.  With two kids 18 months apart, Trevor and I are going with theory that it is best to just go with the 'baby' phase, and having two kids in diapers will be a way of life for awhile.  

I was pretty sick at the beginning of this pregnancy and combined with working full time chasing LC around, it was a rough few months.  Luckily, the sickness passed and I have been feeling great since.  I'm definitely more tired this time around, but I can't really compare lounging around with lots of free time and sleeping as much as I want to my current life of toting around a 25 pound toddler who doesn't believe in sleeping past 7am.  
Here is a belly picture from 28 weeks - 
We're now 30 weeks down and still no name...
We have been talking about 'Baby Brother' to LC and letting her play in his nursery, but we're pretty sure she has no idea what is going on.  She understands most of what we say these days, but gives us this look like "Who is this baby brother character you guys keep talking about??" and then she goes along about her business.  She has a little baby doll and stroller to help her "practice" being gentle, but our biggest focus so far has been teaching her not to throw the doll across the room.  She is still super sweet and does love sharing with Annabelle, Trevor and I, so we are both convinced that she will be a wonderful big sister...it will just take some time to get there.  

We got a few 3D pictures at the last ultra-sound and he is a such a beautiful little baby.  It appears we may have another mini-Trevor on our hands, as he looks a lot like LC did in her 3-D pictures.  Trevor could not be more thrilled about the possibility of his own little clone army.  
Lil' dude just relaxing...
We know that life is about to get even more crazy.  At least once a day, Trevor and I look at each other, usually laughing, sometimes panic-stricken, and ask "How are we going to do this with TWO babies?!?!"  People have done it for millennia, so I'm sure we'll survive.  Despite the uncertainty, we are beyond excited to meet this baby boy and we are so grateful for our growing little family.  

1 comment: